3265 SODA CANYON
5 Beds • 5 Baths • 5,487± SF • 41.76 Acres • 28.18 Acres Vineyards • $19,999,000
3265 Soda Canyon, Napa, CA 94558
Napa Valley has long enjoyed the reputation as the premiere wine-growing region of California and the US. It enjoys a history of stellar wines! This gated and private property sited on one of the best vineyard in Atlas Peak wine region with high quality vineyard where the grapes produced are sold to prime wineries in Napa Valley. A spacious residence with timeless wine country architecture and a separate red barn serves as manager and staff office, offer the indoor-outdoor Napa Valley lifestyle, the breathtaking view, and the warmth and charm of the wine country living.
Summary of vineyard
- Total 41.76 acres Lot Size • Total 28.18 acres high quality plannable land with the best soil for vines known for the best and rocky soil with undulating elevation
- Total 26.76 acres currently planted vineyard, include:
- 14.35 acres of Cabernet Sauvignon
- 4.23 acres of Merlot
- 2.88 acres of Malbec
- 1.33 acres of Zinfandel
- 1.98 acres of Sauvignon Blanc
- 0.87 acre of Tempranillo
- 1.42 acres ready for replant
Summary of Residence
- • 5487 sq ft residence with timeless wine country architecture
- • 5 Bedrooms • 5 Bathrooms
- • Beautiful custom-designed open kitchen features the fines materials with large granite countertop island and dinning bar
- • Build-In Gas Oven, Build-In Refrigerator, Wine refrigerator, Compactor, Dishwasher, Disposal, Microwave, Double oven,
- • Formal dining area features a dining and a living combo with view of vineyard and valley
- • Formal Living room features a fireplace and attached large deck
- • Master Suite features attached deck, walk-in closet, master bathroom
- • 2 Fireplaces (One located in Living room; one located in Master suite)
- • All rooms showcase panoramic view of vineyard, hills, natural and beyond
- • A basement includes one bathroom and an office
- • A wine cellar
- • Laundry room with washer and dryer
- • Great well water, the same water source as vineyard irrigation, and a water tank
- • Central cooling/heating system (Gas furnace)
- • Security system/cameras in front and back of the house as well as the basement
- • Smoke detector
- • Generator
- • AT&T fiber high-speed Internet
- • 2-car attached garage with door opener. Additional parking spaces on lot.
- • A separate 2-level red barn serves as an office building for vineyard manager and staff includes 4 rooms and 1 bathroom
Napa Valley is the most renowned wine-growing region in the United States and the world. The Napa Valley appellation is unique because of the diversity of soils found in such a small geographic area. The area’s topography supports a wide variety of soils-over 30 different types have already been identified, ranging from well-drained gravelly loams to moisture retaining silty clays. These soils vary in depth and fertility. The structure and composition of the soil greatly affects the vegetation, including the grapes. Napa’s Wine reputation sparked meteoric popularity with the Bay Area’s elite. It has become recognized worldwide as host to international legions of wine aficionados throughout the year. In 2019 the gross production value of Napa Valley agricultural products was reported at $937,961,800. Atlas Peak is the most prominent feature of the area. 3265 Soda Canyon is located in East central Napa County, within the Atlas Peak AVA. The AVA straws its name from the highest peak in the appellation but is perhaps more defined by the shallow Foss Valley where most of the vineyards lie. The unique land formation that is the Foss Valley, allows for the infiltration of cooling breezes from the San Francisco Bay that moderate the daytime high temperatures experienced during the growing season, and also sits above the coastal fog that regularly blankets the Napa Valley, so, despite the cooler temperatures, it enjoys more sunlight. Environmental restrictions and controls on new hillside development significantly constrain new vineyards on the surrounding hills. The planed Napa vineyards acres were reported at 34,598 in 1995, and have grown to only 43,430 in 2018. So the vineyard values have been proven to be consistently stable in this market. There has been steady demand for Napa properties, as the valley has grown its global reputation as home of the best wines of the New World.
Entering the stately iron gate and tall Italian cypress trees lined driveway, you will find this enchanting private vineyard estate prominently sited on 41.76 acres in Atlas Peak wine region with 28.18 acres high quality plannable land with the best soil for complexed wines grow on Soda Canyon peak known for the best and rocky soil with undulating elevations. The 26.76 aces of currently planted vineyard is mostly modern style, includes 14.35 acres of Cabernet Sauvignon - The king of grapes within this valley, 4.23 acres of Merlot, 2.88 acres of Malbec, 1.33 acres of Zinfandel, 1.98 acres of Sauvignon Blanc, 0.87 acre of Tempranillo and 1.42 acres ready for replant. The vineyard is certified organic by CCOF and CDFA. The grapes produced at this vineyard are sold to prime wineries in Napa Valley. The attached vineyard production chart shows the total tonnage of grapes production and the tons sold to clients’ wineries (owner keeps part of grapes for his Attelas Vineyard label).
The parcel’s zoning designation is Agricultural Watershed, which allows for agricultural uses, one single-family dwelling unit, a guest cottage, and farmworker housing. The property is improved with several structures, including an estate residence, a red barn building as vineyard office and equipment storage.
This spacious 5,487 square-foot residence with timeless wine country architecture features large windows in each room facing the panoramic views of vineyard, hills, natural and beyond, and the bright sunlight shine through every room and brings the warmth and charm of the wine country living. The open kitchen featured the finest materials with large granite countertop island with a dinning bar. The formal dining area face the magnificent view of the vineyards, a perfect place for hosting dinner events and gatherings. The living room with a fireplace and attached the large deck where showcase the panoramic view of vineyard and the dramatic vistas of the sunrise and sunset over vineyards while enjoying a glass of wine! The master suite is located at the end of hall on the second floor featuring a marble bathroom, walk-in closets, fireplace, and large windows and attached deck facing the dramatic view of vineyard and beyond, it brings the privacy, peace, and tranquility! The two guest bedrooms located at another end of hall on the second floor each with a bathroom. Two more bedrooms on the third-floor features vaulted ceilings and panoramic view of the hills and vineyard. The basement features a wine cellar, one bathroom and an office which can also be used as additional bedroom for staff.
The Red Barn
A separate two-level red barn building features 4 rooms and 1 bath, which serves as an office building for vineyard staff and storage. This separate building as bonus rooms, can also be used for other purposes as well.